Monday, August 27, 2012

”Lay me down”

For my birthday gift, Tim and I were blessed to go to the Chris Tomlin concert at the Biltmore house! It was actually right beside the house on the terrace. As we sang the beautiful worship songs we were surrounded by the majestic mountains and a fiery red sunset. The glory of the Lord truly surrounded us! It was glorious! Tim and I were also blessed with 24 hours together (kid free)! It was peaceful and just what we needed. My precious sister and mother were confident in taking care of Samuel . He has been sick for so long and up so much at night. A good nights sleep was a gift in itself! They were up for several hours with Samuel, but cheerfully did this so that we could have a break. I am so thankful! Mama even had the family over Sunday night for a party! She made my favorite, her special lasagna and the sweetery cake! Yum!
  As we were praising and worshipping together at the concert he introduced us to a new song, ”I lay me down”. I gave my life to the Lord when I was young and have always strived to live each day for Him...which is a constant struggle because of sinful nature.  When I sing a song, I focus on the words and part of this song was difficult for me to sing, because I desire to live it wholly, but it is hard right now to say ” it will be my JOY to say, Your will, Your way”. I am not sure how to say, with joy, it's ok for my boy to struggle and leave us.  It has been difficult the past couple of weeks to watch him battle fevers, almost constantly, To watch him struggle to breathe easily, to see him looking worn out. Samuel has been such a blessing to so many and I know the Lord has a plan.  This little boy, who has never  spoken a word, verbally, has taught many things... from being content amidst your circumstances and trusting the Lords plan to how powerful a smile is...and much, much more! I am thankful today for the promise in the Bible that says this...

Isaiah 40:28-31 NASB

”Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary,
And to  him who  lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up  with  wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.”

How precious to think of Samuel ”gaining new strength” and running and walking and worshipping the Creator. Thank you Jesus, Son of God, for the promise of heaven!
I pray my Father will bring us His joy, even in the midst of great trials. And may we all lay down our will, no matter how difficult and say ” It WILL Be my JOY, to say, Your Will, YOUR WAY, JESUS!
Watch "Lay Me Down - Chris Tomlin Ft. Matt Redman (Passion: White Flag)" on YouTube

My new favorite praise song! Watch "Jesus Son of God - Chris Tomlin & Christy Nockels - Passion 2012 - White Flag - (WITH LYRICS) (HD)" on YouTube














3 comments:

Melly said...

I'm glad you were able to get some rest! I don't know how you Dp that every night precious! I'm so thankful for you. I struggle with that phrase too especially concerning Samuel.

Anonymous said...

You deserved a break! I am so thankful and blessed to have been able to get to know Samuel and your family. -Jaime R.

Bebe said...

No words.. A very full heart of deep love for your family and precious Samuel and the knowledge that Samuel is His.