Saturday, March 30, 2013

Celebrating in Heaven (Easter 2013)

   Can you imagine the celebration in heaven every day?  I can't wait!!! I imagine Samuel surrounded by the most magnificent colors, the most glorious singing and our precious Redeemer.  One of my children asked me tonight if Christmas or Easter was more important... and I told her that they were both important because we celebrate Jesus' birth and then his death and resurrection.  But then I thought Easter was the completion of why He came and I am overwhelmed with His presence and His Gift.  God came to earth, as a man and lived a perfect life and then was made to suffer and die a horrible death... for us.  He did this so that He could pay for our sins. 
We sin,
everyday and
HE paid the price so that we could be redeemed.
He saved us from what we deserve...
hell.
 Thank you Jesus! 
   Now I know that Samuel is healed and whole.  He is free from the burdens of this world and is full of Heaven's blessings.  He is with the Father and is in better hands now.  Of course, I selfishly want him with me, but I do have the assurance that I will be with him again.
 I was thinking that not only is my precious child with my Savior and Redeemer Jesus, but he is also with those who you have lost.
He has also met our favorite Bible characters... his namesake Samuel who was also called at an early age to serve the Lord in a way not many understood. 
Adam and Eve, Noah, Daniel, David, Mary and Joseph, the disciples...
this gives me chill bumps!!  What a glorious day it is everyday in Heaven and how wonderful it is to have Easter to celebrate Jesus and His resurrection (of course, we celebrate daily, but you know what I mean)!
   My family just celebrated Annaleigh's birthday and we will be celebrating Tim's tomorrow (on Easter) and this is so difficult without a piece of our heart with us.  The Lord is providing great comfort peace to us all and carrying us each day.  This doesn't mean that our hearts don't ache.  It is unbearably painful sometimes and the tears come at unexpected times, but we keep our focus on the Lord and His plan.  "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Thankful for His promises!  Rejoice!

John 11:25, "Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the Life, he who believes in Me will live even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die."


Easter 2008 memories

Thank you Lord that in You, Samuel lives!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The tears do come at unexpected times. Little things we face for the first time without him, like "Skate Night"...he loved "Skate Night". It is sweet to think about how he is with our favorites from the Bible. I think of Joseph and all he faced on this earth... and how he endured it with such a humble heart, like Samuel. I can't wait to meet him. Happy Easter sweet friend! He is Risen Indeed!!!