Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August blessings

Today I woke up not feeling my best, overwhelmed with all of the school to do with my children and of course, missing a big part of my heart.  BUT I am choosing joy today and want to try and start to blog more regularly again. So many friends, family and strangers kept up with our story as Samuel was so sick and I want to share how Samuel's life is continuing to bless. He has gone to Glory and that is where we all want to be. I rejoice that he is healed, but my heart hurts every day because he is not here.  Our family is moving forward, but will never move on from losing Samuel. I'm surprised that people actually put a time on grief.  My friend who lost her mama recently said that someone told her she would grieve for 6 months and then be ok...WHAT?! This was her mother. To me this belittles the significance of her life and what she meant to her daughter. I know many try to encourage, so we must give them grace, but it's best to just say that you will pray for those in grief. We will never stop missing or loving those that have left this earth. I do believe, in time, our minds become clearer and we don't cry as often or as hard...but we will always miss our loved one and we will never be the same.

So today I want to list some thankful's...because I still am "thankful for my blessings"

  • His grace carrying us each day
  • a full day of homeschooling and having quality time with my children
  • fun activities for each of these 3 and feeling crazy, but thankful and wishing I had 4 to take to activities
  • being needed
  • a weekend blessing from friends with just my hubby and me


  • sweet conversations with Tim and encouraging one another
  • Mama's house for supper...sweet surprise
  • fun plans for tomorrow and this weekend
  • having the privilege to share about our life and the Lord's grace through Samuel's life
  • my little boy loving to read...maybe an easier child??

  • the girls enjoying school work
  • Tim's excitement about fishing
  • cute classrooms for my sister, mama and friends
  • the dogs are still in the yard and happy


  • Gracie's flag friends and mentors
  • Annaleigh's running time and choir
  • Micah (& Tim) playing soccer 
  • his coach wanting them to wear green for Samuel and mito awareness
  • the plans being made for a mito awareness walk :)
  • laughter



  • tears
  • pain in the memories but cherishing them all
  • God's grace again


Hebrews 12:1-3
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

1 comment:

Melly said...

Precious! I am so glad you are enjoying school and can be so thankful for the small joys in life. Love you.