Thursday, August 29, 2013

Birthday disaster/ blessings

Happy Birthday to me :)  Actually, Monday was my birthday and it truly was eventful! First, my pre-birthday plans were amazing! My sweet friend and I drove to Asheville to The Billy Graham Cove and had supper and had an amazingly beautiful night of worship with Natalie Grant!

We sat on the 3rd row and I even met her and she gave me 2 hugs!!! What a blessing to me! I think I was so excited I probably made my self sick!  Then, this weekend we had really fun plans with friends, but Friday morning I woke up and we were plowing through our school day... when I started feeling terrible.  I finally took my temperature and it was 100'! I don't know about you, but when I have the slightest fever as an adult it wipes me OUT! So we were very sad not to go on our fun family weekend with our friends. I stayed home all weekend and cried. I think I have not been stuck laying around on my own in a while and things started to pile up (emotionally).  I was thinking how I had Samuel with me last year and he was finally a little more stable than he had been all summer. He would still smile occasionally and we had many sweet memories together, just laying on the couch and snuggling or reading books or just holding hands and talking. "He was the best listener", as his best buddy Knox would say and that is true.  His absence is always felt, but it's magnified on holidays and birthdays...so I was missing him.  I also was thinking of how it's almost been a year...

(his last haircut last August with Aunt Susu)


A YEAR...

since I have seen or held my precious little boy.

it is too painful to try to describe the hurt and sadness with that.
So this weekend,  I had too much time on my hands and not enough tissues.
After a very long weekend today was my day........
I woke up to sweet gifts from my family.  Annaleigh made breakfast and Gracie served!  Micah entertained with his singing and hugs. Tim and the children had gone shopping and showered me with goodies and a Keurig coffee/hot chocolate/tea maker :)!  We ate, had devotions and started school. Micah then got up and started toward the kitchen saying he was thirsty and the next thing I know he is laying on the tile floor crying out in pain!  I ran to him asking him what had happened??  He fell hard on his arm and it looked to be out of socket (I know about this well from swinging my baby sister Melody around for fun when we were little and pulling her's out of socket on Christmas day...sorry Melly)!  Micah was miserable and looked pitiful. I called the doctor and they said to take him to Kids Care (emergency dr for kids). Driving down the road was traumatizing for me because I couldn't help him. He was pale and starting to fall asleep...he NEVER falls asleep at 1 pm.  My mind was stirring and I was becoming very afraid for my precious little boy.
  We finally arrived at our destination and I had to carry him in as he was barely moving at this point. I was afraid and praying desperately.  I told them what was wrong and also let them know that my other son had passed away last year and I was out of sorts. They immediately jumped to get him in a room. I was grateful. BUT, before we left the check-in he sat up and proceeded to vomit several times!  WHAT is GOING ON!??  I quickly carried him to the little bed and the nurse started asking questions and he just piped right off and started telling her every detail of his fall and his pain???!!  What just happened?  HE seemed completely fine?! The conclusion was that he must have popped out his elbow and the pain made him sick and weak. When he actually was throwing up, it popped back into place. So that afternoon was quite crazy and I was still worn out from sickness, etc. 
    Needless to say, I was ready for some happy birthday cheer!  My Mama asked us to supper and was making my all time favorite...her famous lasagna, salad, bread and cake from the Sweetery!  I had a sweet time with my family and was finally feeling relaxed.
                    



 They all made me feel so special and loved.  My sweet sister even took the time to wash and curl my hair after my crazy day, to cheer me up.

 Then I got another surprise!  A few of my friends had planned to get together and celebrate, too!  We had such a nice evening sitting and talking.  I love to homeschool and be with my children, but friend time is a necessity!


 They showered me with cards and gifts and I felt the Lord's hand of grace picking me back up and reminding me that through the storms and pain that He will carry us.
Here are my thankful's for this week...

  • concert happiness
  • rest
  • tears that bring healing even though they hurt
  • sickness so I can grieve
  • daughters and their serving hearts
  • sons and the comfort they give to their mama
  • Tim's merciful heart
  • the ability to comfort others because we understand
  • fun with the new contraption (keurig)
  • mamas cooking and servants heart
  • sisterly love
  • Melody's giving heart
  • tissues
  • spending Wednesday working on the walk for Samuel and feeling rewarded
  • figuring out how to use paint on computer
  • happiness over a green picture with Team Samuel written on it
  • unexpected flowers from a neighbor
  • peaches
  • gifts that are homemade or bought ...given with love
  • a time to feel special
  • family
  • friends
  • Micah's arm is ok



"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness'."  II Corinthians 12:9

"when you feel the rain, call His Name, He'll find you in the hurricane."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttKnLwwHlig

1 comment:

Melly said...

Such an exciting day! I'm glad everything turned out well though. It was a blessing to me to be able to spend time with you!