Sunday, January 12, 2014

In Christ Alone

 
~In Christ alone my hope is found

 He is my light, my strength, my song

 This Cornerstone, this solid ground

 Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
 
What heights of love, what depths of peace

 When fears are stilled, when strivings cease

 My Comforter, my All in All

 Here in the love of Christ I stand.
 
~In Christ alone, who took on flesh

 Fullness of God in helpless Babe

 This gift of love and righteousness

 Scorned by the ones He  came to save
 
Til on that cross as Jesus died

 The wrath of God was satisfied

 For every sin on Him was laid

 Here in the death of Christ I live.
 
~There in the ground His body lay

 Light of the world by darkness slain

 Then bursting forth in glorious Day

 Up from the grave He rose again
 
And as He stands in victory

 Sins curse has lost its grip on me

 For I am His and He is mine

 Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
 
~No guilt in life, no fear in death

 This is the power of Christ in me

 From a lifes first cry to final breath

 Jesus commands my destiny
 
No power of hell, no scheme of man

 Could ever pluck me from His hand

 Til He returns or calls me home

 Here in the power of Christ I stand.
 
I had the privilege of helping to lead worship at church today and as we were singing this beautiful song I was, again moved to amazement and tears.  I love to worship and sing and am renewed daily by the Lord through His Word, His creation and worshipping Him with a full heart. 
 
He is our HOPE...
when this world seems too hard.
 
Firm through the Fiercest drought and storm...
when all seems hopeless.
 
Every sin on Him was laid,
 
and because of Christ and His death,
I LIVE.
 
I can have no guilt in life,
and He has given me no Fear in death
this is the power of Christ in me.
 
Nothing can pluck me from HIS hand.
 
Til He returns or calls me home,
here in the power of Christ
I STAND.
 
I hold tight to His promises and rest in HIM.

No comments: