Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Life's Heaviness

Life is hard. November each year comes around... I love fall, it's my favorite season. But then it's my Samuel's Birthday on the 8th. I really love birthdays and celebrating people, but it's so hard when he is not with us. I know heaven is unimaginably better and I wouldn't want to take him from Glory with the Father, but I also feel such pain in my heart that he isn't here. He would be so kind, genuine, tall, handsome and the sweetest. He was an incredible servant of the Lord while on the earth and in his death, and I'm so thankful. He is a truly loved and missed son, brother, grandson, cousin and friend.

Now as I anticipate Samuel not being here in his day I must also grieve for my mama. You see, she died the next day after Samuel's birthday last year. She was wonderful, always full of love and life. She went to bed in the 8th and that next morning was in Glory. So the 9th now is a wonderful day for mama, but is terribly painful for us here on earth! She was an incredible mother, grandmother, wife, daughter, sister and friend. 
Her legacy lives on and her amazing example of serving others will always be remembered. She touched so many lives by being there for others, making meals for those in need, teaching for many years to little ones and investing in her family, church and community.
    The Lord gave me several verses to cling to after Samuel left us and I cling to them still, especially after losing mama. I even have this one in ink on my foot as a constant reminder.
I pray that you are encouraged to live your life in honor to the Lord and serving Him like Samuel and mama did.
 With a joy in the midst of pain, with love in the midst of sadness because of knowing that one day we will be rescued from the pain of earth and be in Heaven with the Lord, healed and whole!  Here is a pic a friend made for us of what Samuel's heavenly body would be, standing and healed! 
Please pray for us all as we anticipate next week and get through the days. ❤️

***Please JOIN us in doing acts of service in their memory!!! 

No comments: