Monday, May 10, 2021

Family heirlooms

💐Precious Harper, my brother and sister in loves baby, was baptized yesterday and what a special occasion it was! It was also Mothers day and 6 months that our darling Mama has been in heaven. We all wore gorgeous white flower corsages to honor mama (pictured below made by my dear friend, thepoppiesandpeonies.com)

💐 It was a joy to have Harper to celebrate along with Elias' 1st birthday (my nephew)! Also she wore the beautiful dress that my great grandmother, Cora McCown Smith made for me, August 1977. After I wore it, my sisters wore it and now all of our daughters have worn it. 


Gracie~January 2000
Annaleigh~ April 2001



💐Also, the baptismal chalise is a family heirloom that has been passed down through the years. First used in 1860, it is Harper and my children's third great grandmother's chalise. What a beautiful legacy and heritage we have. 

💐Psalm 78:6 "
So the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands."

No comments: