Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend excitement!

Yesterday Samuel slept most of the day so we had a very calm day, but he was awaken at 2 by some special people. ” Miss Sharon” his precious speech therapist and ” Miss Mandy one of his loving physical therapists. Even though he didn't feel like doing much, they brought a special activity for all of the kids to work on! They made a special gift for me:-)  All of their sweet handprints (which I love)!  They are just two of the many wonderful people who help with Samuel's care. Then another knock and there was his dear, homebound teacher Mrs. Cox. She comes by to read to him about an hour 3 days a week. Lately, Samuel just hears her soft voice and he goes right to sleep. After this hour of excitement he was worn out again. He actually needed no pain medicine and had nothing that would make him tired, until bedtime. I guess the fatigue is part of his body wearing him out.  I felt a little panicked last night at bedtime. My girls and I were tucking the boys in bed and praying with them and Samuel was so still, but breathing faster than normal. I have often lately thought to my self, will he be ok when I check on him?  Will he be breathing? What will I do? Those of you with fragile kids understand, it is a constant fear that will come true one day.  Last night, we took extra time and snuggled, prayed and cried too. I feel bad when I upset the kids, but I also don't want them to be left out of telling him goodbye, if it is time. It could be soon and it could be far, we have no idea. After everyone was finally in bed I read Gods word. I was comforted as I read Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8
”My soul  waits  in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory  rest; 
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.”
Praising God for His strength that we can all lean on! To trust on Him alone is all we must do.

Praise the Lord in all things, but thankful for a good rest and Samuel sleeping well!! We woke up this Saturday full of excitement! First, its my sister Hope's birthday, so we always gather around the phone (Samuel included) and sing Happy Birthday! We all love birthdays and love singing!  Next, Mr. Joe, my Daddy and Uncle Jeff all came to help Tim start building our new storage building!! We are having a big workday next weekend to build it. Then we can move things out of the garage and turn it into a therapy room/ school room!!!!!! Hurray! I am very excited about this because Samuels wonderful equipment is everywhere and it will be nice to have a special place to work with him, etc.  Next, at 10 the cousins came to visit! They came from Greenville and Virginia! They were so dear and sweet and Samuel loved the babies! I was glad he was calm and grinning while they visited. 
This afternoon is Tucker's (my nephew) 2 year old birthday party!  He is having a lawnmower party, since that is what he loves to push around the house all of the time! I am praying Samuel will feel up to going for a little while. After that we are hitting the road for Camp New Hope! That way he can sleep and hopefully not even know we are traveling far. Please pray he does well. It is quite an ordeal to travel with him...we now need oxygen, pain meds, suction, feeding pump, farrelbags...and this is all the time. For a trip we need the therapy vest to help with his lungs, nebulizer treatments, more medicines (I think I have 20 or more packed right now), his pillow, stuffed animal, his chair he sits in, wheelchair, carseat, diapers, wipes, clothes, chucks, blankets, syringes, connector tubes, feeding bags, formula, pedialyte, and whatever else I am forgetting...oh yea, clothes and the other kids:-)
So needless to say this place is hoppin (and yes I am sitting here by Samuel blogging). He needed me to sit by him and hold his hand and suction him. This is my favorite place to be right now, just sitting by him holding his little hand. What a precious Mothers day for me to spend it in the mountains with my dear ones. And, my Mama gets to join us for a couple of days, too! So thankful for excitement today, after a long stretch of stillness.





1 comment:

Melly said...

Phew! Well glad we got there safely. Samuel did do well on the ride up, I hope your ride down is just as smooth! Miss you already